Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week in Review

This week consisted of:

TUESDAY | We helped Shane's friend, Eddie, move to Palm Springs.  Kade and I went with Shane to get out of the house.  Kade got to play with Eddie's 3 dogs.  Plus he loved the Chow Mein and Mandarin Chicken at Panda Express.  He had Chow Mein noodles hanging out of his mouth and he was trying to slurp it up which had us all laughing.  I must say that now Kade is on whole milk and is almost completely weaned from breastfeeding (just one feeding in the morning now, which we will wean him from in the next week or two) it is so much easier being gone for long periods of time.  We saw a couple crazy things on this trip including a wreck at a stoplight...and a runaway tire bouncing down the highway through the canyon.  It was scary as Shane thought it was going to jump over the barrier and hit our vehicle, luckily it missed us.

WEDNESDAY |  I went to take my test in my Acoustics and Anatomy of the Ear class.  I scored an A!!!  Yay!!!  I was up the night before late, typing over 100 terms into Quizlets to memorize all the crazy info.  Shane was playing his video game at the same time so in order to fully concentrate I played Pandora, internet radio with my headphones on.  I needed soft music so I chose one of my favorite artists, William Fitzsimmons, Pandora radio station.  It all paid off though, let's hope I can keep up those A's and focus.  My next test is on Monday, February 6th.

THURSDAY | We drove to Las Vegas for the day.  Our car is just a little over a year old and the paint is defective, peeling up in spots.  The Toyota dealership in Palm Springs is useless (we tried going through them), so we drove to where we originally bought it in Vegas and they are always helpful.  They took pictures and are submitting the claim to Toyota.  Now we just keep our fingers crossed and wait.  After that we ate lunch and stopped at the Bass Pro Shop.  It is huge and lots of stuff to look at.  Kade was intrigued with the 2 story fish aquarium with lots of fish swimming in it.  They also have ducks and fish swimming in a  pond area with waterfalls, all indoors mind you.  Kade being the water baby he is, was immediately drawn to those waterfalls.  He loved it!!!  Then we went home.  We stayed away from the strip this trip...no reason to go there and the traffic is horrendous there.  Kade did an amazing job on the drive.  He only started to cry the last 10 minutes on the stretch home.  What a lil' traveler we may have!

FRIDAY | I worked a substitute job at my old school while Shane stayed home with the boy.  It was a nice break and good to see all my old co-workers.  After work I had to pick up dry cleaning, then the store.  I didn't get home till late and only had 90 minutes with mister before he went to bed.  It made me glad that I have the privilege to stay home with him all the time...I need more than an hour and a half with my boy!  One cuteness thing today...Kade was helping us put away the groceries.  Shane had 10 bottles of his Vitamin Water and they were on the kitchen floor in the grocery bag.  Kade picked up each one, one by one, and put them on the shelf in the refrigerator, letting out a little grunt as he heaved it up to the shelf.  He did all ten by himself.  Then he carried Daddy's coffee drink all the way to the office by himself without spilling it or trying to take a drink.  He handed it to Shane then grunted, like "Can I have a drink now, please?"  He is a character!!
I completed the evening with reading a chapter of homework and taking a quiz in which I scored 100%.  Shane was playing his video game.

SATURDAY | We hung out at home.  Shane trimmed our Oleander bushes, Kade decided to dip his right hand into used engine oil that was in a bucket sitting outside.  Luckily it only got on his hand and I washed it off completely right away with a few rounds of soap.  Shane and I watched a couple of movies.   And that pretty much summed up the day.

TODAY | I need to finish my one page essay on pros and cons of medical SLP's compared to Educational SLP's.  I know, you're jealous right?!   I found out my lens was shipped from Nikon on Friday and it should be here tomorrow!  YAY!!!

I did not take many photos this week....but here's a few

Moving:  Helping or getting in the way?!

What is Dad doing?  

One day you can help, Lil' Mister

Notice his right sleeve is rolled up....that would be the hand he dipped into motor oil.  All clean now!



No comments: