Background

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kade's Mild Case of Obstinance


I am slowly but surely working on Kade's 1 year announcement.  I hope to have it finished by this weekend at the latest and ready to mail out next week.  We'll see...

I have been trying to take Kade's one year photos...but I have a few things against me.  

1)  His age...at the age of one he is far too interested in exploring and getting into mischief.

2)  Mommy and her camera are old news, always stuck in his face on a  daily basis, therefore it is uninteresting and will not look at it unless he absolutely has to, but usually prefers to not smile....a blank stare is the best for a camera.

3)  I am nearly exhausting all my creative sounds and singing, so he doesn't look at me quite as often and it is becoming harder to catch his attention.  He never wants to stay in the spot I put him in.

Sooo I have to get creative in photographing him.  For the most part I don't mind capturing his sweet playful moments oblivious to everything else in the world.  Exploring the rocks (they tasted pretty yucky from the expression on his face), staring at the wild rabbits, and checking out the trees.  Just every now and again it would be nice to capture an authentic smile.  Oh boy, I realize it will most likely get worse from here...hence the saying that another photographer should photograph your children.  

Here's some of the photos I got yesterday...

I played peek a boo with him under a picnic table to get that smile!  I jazzed up the picture a bit in post processing using a texture and editing techniques.

I have a couple other good ones but will save for another time...Okay, now ready for the outtakes?:

It was starting to get dark, so there's a bit of "noise" in the pictures
A rock...gee, I wonder what this tastes like?!

Hmmm...not awful...hey Mom why are you taking away my rock?!  

Mr. Charming...Yes a big spit bubble!  Wait until you grow up kid, I will have tons of blackmail photos ;-)
AND
Later that night, eating dinner, this is the face I got to see:


What is this face you ask?!  This is the "Mom, I want my dinner NOW and I can't wait so I'm going to strain my neck, grit my teeth, and have a bit of a freak out while I squeal a little until you give me the FOOD that I see in your hand...why aren't you giving it to me?!!!!"  
I know, scary isn't it?!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That face is priceless!