Background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weather - Humidity in the Desert

The last week has been rough weather wise.  I can handle the hot temperatures of 115 +, but when any type of humidity comes into play, ugh!  It all started with one gloomy dusty morning.  The mountains looked like this which I thought was smog, but all around me I smelled dust.  It reminded me of our time in Tajikistan, so many dust storms there.

Then the rains started.  And with the rain here usually comes crazy wind.  But the rains only last a short time here.  It rains just enough to bring the humidity then stops.  I don't mind rain, but please just RAIN A LOT, like all day long, then go away.  The humidity is not good for this area because our swamp cooler, which is what most people have here for a cooling system, doesn't work like it should.  No air conditioning here.  So Kade and I are sweating like crazy during the day!  Hoping it goes back to normal desert hotness without the humidity soon!



Rain in the desert

No comments: