Background

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My First Scheduled Session

So how excited am I?!  A couple that is expecting a baby in October agreed to let me take their newborn baby's photos to help me build my portfolio.  And they just found out they are having a GIRL!!!  Oh, yay...a fun baby girl newborn shoot.  So many ideas are running through my head!  Lots of photography items and props I still want to get before then.

I'll be hitting up lots of my friends that live here in 2011 to let me take photos of their kids and family to build my portfolio.  Hoping it will lead to a good client base come 2012.  I have to check into business licenses however for when I start doing it for money, ugh.

On other photog related news,
I cleaned my camera last weekend.  My sensor on my camera was DIRTY...take a peek:
All those black specks are dirt sitting on my sensor.
But it looks much better now.

And I got a new camera strap!  Etsy is my new favorite obsession.  There's some great stuff on there.  I had been eyeing several different straps.  But liked these ones by Swanky Camera Couture.  I liked the clasps so I can quickly change straps, since I get easily bored with patterns.  They also have a lens cap pocket so no more misplaced lens caps, although the pocket is too small for my biggest lens, but fits my other caps no problem.  I love them!  But I have to be careful as I have heard other photographers breaking their lenses due to insecure straps.  So I also knotted my strap for just a little extra reinforcement.  I am also going to get a slipcover to put over my original Nikon strap.  I have one picked out.  Then I can use my Nikon strap when I need something a little more heavy duty.  I just love accessories!!!

The images below were taken with our crappy little point and shoot camera.  We got the little Olympus waterproof, shockproof camera for our travel overseas in 2007.  But it takes super grainy shots.  Highly disappointed with the quality.  I must get a better point and shoot for sticking in my purse for on the fly shots.   
My DSLR sporting its new strap
Self portrait wearing my new strap taken with  my Olympus and edited in Photoshop

No comments: