Background

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Okay, so it might not be a huge Vegas casino style win...but I'm excited nonetheless.  I won another giveaway on Facebook!  Earlier this month I won a series of three Photoshop classes, which were amazing and super helpful.  I need to post about that as well, cause I learned some new techniques.
Then today I won a Newborn Prop Bowl for photography from Swanky Stitch.  I can choose the bowl I want from Marketing for Photographers.  So you may be wondering first...what is a newborn bowl?  and second... why would I want it?

A newborn bowl looks like this:
Picture by Life Images
There are all different shapes and sizes of bowls, but the concept is the same...big enough to pose a newborn baby in.

I want this bowl because I am slowly building up props for a photography business.  I have been feeling more confidence about my skill and saying "why not?"  So I have been checking out antique stores and other shops that may carry vintage items or cool props.  My plan is to build my portfolio this year...then in January 2012 work on my website and I hope to start taking clients in early 2012.  I have chosen a person I would like to ask to be my "mentor".  Hopefully she will say yes, fingers crossed.  We will see how it all goes.... nervous and excited about this new adventure.

But yes, I am still going to school for Speech Pathology.  This should all make for an interesting year ahead of me!

*

No comments: