Background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life Changes

I am finally starting my speech language pathology program this Fall and I am excited!  I found that Utah State University has a wonderful program that I can afford.  I will do one year for my second bachelors....then apply for the masters program.  The masters program will start Fall 2012 and is three years long.  It is a competitive program and can be difficult to get into.  I will be applying to three different schools for the Masters program just in case.  This is a different avenue than my education degrees,but I can still work in schools with children.  The SLP field is a high needed area and I always see jobs available for it.  I hope that this will open some doors for me, especially since education is looking pretty bleak right now.

In other news, I have persuaded my newly married friends to take pictures of them in their wedding attire so I can build a portfolio just in case I ever want to get a photography business going.  I also agreed to take family photos for other friends of ours.  I do enjoy photography, but wondering if I will enjoy it as much when I feel the stress of pleasing people with my photos.  We'll see.  The future is exciting and scary all at the same time!  So much to think about.

No comments: