Background

Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

I had plans for costumes for the kids (Bam Bam & Pebbles)...but working around a newborn's schedule, made it hard to complete or do anything (little sleep, constant feedings, chasing /cleaning up after Kade)...so I will tuck that idea away for next year.  Maybe Kade can actually go trick or treating next year as well.

Since Halloween is my birthday, we just went to dinner at Applebee's.  Such a production for us to go anywhere.  I had awaken from my well needed nap at 5:15 PM...then a feeding for Kallista, and making sure we had everything for the trip (20 minute drive then dinner and drive back home).  It went fairly smoothly.  We ordered something for Kade for the first time ever off the kid's menu.  A slider cheeseburger with fries and a root beer.  He mostly ate the fries and of course his all time favorite ketchup.  He had a few bites of the burger, but Dad mostly ate it...and I don't think he was too sure about the root beer.  Shane had a chicken salad, since he's watching his weight for weigh-in, and I had a steak with grilled shrimp.  Yum!  Plus we got 20% off for being military which they offer every Wednesday.

They had the restaurant set up for Halloween.  Kade tried to walk into the bar part several times which was dark and decorated like a haunted house.  He was also offered candy, from the hostess, in the orange pumpkin bucket, but he just took the entire bucket from the lady, walking around the waiting area with it.  We could have scored big time, but we told him to give it back and showed him he was supposed to take one piece from it.  Silly boy!

Kade is also really into saying "Don't" and points his finger at whoever he is talking to.  He does not say "NO" only "DON'T".  We do say "don't do that", to him quite often, but we also say "no"...so who knows the words kids pick up!!  There happened to be two boys, around the 10 year old age and the dad a few booths behind us.  They were wrestling around and making some noise.  Kade kept turning around, shouting DON'T at them with his serious face and pointing his finger.  He may be a mister bossy pants!!!

Although Kade didn't have an official costume, I had him wear his daredevil shirt that has a skull cape on the back.  He was pretty cute!  And he wore his bicycle helmet for a bit.  Unfortunately I din't get any pics of all of us on my birthday...will have to do so on another day...but here are some pics of Kade in his daredevil shirt and Kallista.





Color or Black & White ...I can't decide!













1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Adorable Pics! Love the ones of Kade in his costume! And his happy smiling face! Very sweet!