Background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chiropractor - Not just for adults!

Our little guy had colic and acid reflux.  He was constantly crying and seemed in pain.  The doctor said there was nothing that could be done and to "wait it out".  We tried other things:  gripe water, gas drops, burping more frequently, shortening feeding times, keeping him on one breast longer (yes he is exclusively breastfeed), and I changed my diet eliminating dairy.  I really have no idea if anything actually worked as the crying just continued.  And we were all so tired, baby included.  Those were some of the most exhausting hours of our life.  I did a lot of reading online and came across an article on how chiropractic sessions can relieve some of the colicky issues.  Hubby had heard of this from a friend and knew a contact.  So we called and made an appointment.  We had our first session at 4 weeks of age.  I was also adjusted and put on supplements to help with breastfeeding as we were both acidic, according to our saliva pH levels.  It really was an interesting session and I think it did help, along with elimination of dairy.  At 6 weeks of age the colic just stopped suddenly.  He still has some digestive issues, but is so much better.  We go back for checkups every couple of weeks.  Here are some pics of us at the chiropractor's on Thursday, at 9 weeks old.

Before the appointment:
 Our little man in the waiting room...




During the appointment, The hubby took these for me and I edited them:
We both got adjusted first, then baby's turn.  Little boy was asleep and stayed asleep for most of it.  The tool used here is very gentle and does a tap, tap, tap on the problem areas.

He woke up at the end

After the appointment:
  In a good mood

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, I'm so glad it seems to be working. Kade has grown so much. He looks so cute in these photos. I love the little jeans. Your hat is adorable too Jody, you look great!

Love you all....Mee Maw