Background

Monday, August 2, 2010

Our Palm Tree


I love palm trees!!!  They remind me that I am home in southern California.  In San Bernardino, there is a house that has a palm tree lined driveway that I always drool over when we drive by.  I love the looks of palm trees.  I think they remind me of summer and I LOVE summertime.  These are all pictures of the palm tree we have in our yard.  Shane just trimmed it this weekend. 
This is a full shot of our palm tree.  This area used to be full of foliage.  Our magnolia bush, was huge and bushy, our palm tree was skinny, and we had five desert rose bushes along the side of our wall...now it is almost all gone.  We have an automatic sprinkler system, but it looks like it wasn't used at all while we were away.  Due to the lack of water the palm tree grew out instead of up and almost all of our other plants and bushes are dead or dug up (thanks to the dog that wasn't supposed to be at our house).  Shane did a quick fix on our sprinkler system, but he says he needs to repipe it eventually.  Did I mention before that we will never rent again?!
Notice how the palm tree's trunk grew fat.  Due to it's lack of watering while we were gone, the trunk's circumference grew huge and is now pushing up against our house,which can cause damage eventually.  We may have to pull out our precious palm tree.  I hope we can save it and replant it if we do that.  Our poor palm tree :( 

No comments: