Yesterday we drove all the way to San Diego (Balboa) for a consult with a surgeon on Shane's back. The good news is he does not have to have surgery. Although his lower disc in his back has hardly any fluid in it and is herniated, the doctor said it is not bad enough for surgery. Shane's protocol is to go back to his orthopedic doctor here...take anti-inflammatories, do physical therapy, chiropractic appointments, and the lightest duty possible. So basically give it time to heal. The doctor also recommended he get an MRI done on his neck since his arms, shoulder, and neck have been giving him lots of problems. It is not a nerve issue since the neurologist did the test on his upper back and found all of his nerves to be in excellent working order.
This morning I went for an observation to a local speeh pathologist. I spent over 3 hours there but got a lot of useful info. Plus she gave me a few tips on pursuing an internship here in the school district. Fingers crossed. I think I shall pursue the internship and grad school, then figure out child care if I happen to get it. If I don't get it then I will wait a year and try again. This does mean however I have to get busy on my grad school applications and I have to take the GRE test very soon!!! Lots to do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment