The other day I tagged along with one of the Marines, Rick as he went on errands to buy meat for the Marine House. Yes, meat! We go to a wholesale butcher just out of town to get chicken and beef. It's pretty good and you get a large quantity for a good price. I grabbed my camera and tried to capture some interesting things as we were driving. Of course it always seems that when you see interesting things, that is the day that you don't bring the camera. Such as the day Shane and I saw two monkeys crossing the road to get to the river. There are lots of monkeys here, and they mostly hang out at the river. We also saw two cars infront of us stopped at a stoplight...the driver in the car to the left gets out and gives his bottle of beer to the passenger of the car on the right. After a few sips, the passenger gets out and hands the bottle back to the driver of the left car. Then it was time to go as the light turned green. I had never seen anything like it...and did not have my camera on either occasion. Here are a few scenery shots of Gaborone...
Sign leading to the main nature preserve in Gaborone. They have cheetahs you can pet; rhinos, zebras, elephants, and more. They have a restaurant there that feeds the rhinos right underneath the diners windows, so you can get an up close view of them. They also offer safari trips in either and offroad vehicle or on horseback. We have not gone there yet, but hope to sometime soon!
One of the cash-n-carry stores here in Gaborone. We have not gone to this one yet, but I like the elephant on the store front.
Main business section of Gaborone.
The sign for a local mall here called Gamecity. It's kind of like a Wal-Mart, but not as nice with cheaper quality items. There's also a KFC in here and a movie theater.
There are these little tables all over Gaborone, selling various merchandise. They even have little barber stalls along the road. I can't wait to get a picture of that.
A road outside of Gabs that leads to the butcher shop.
The highway leading out of Gaborone











No comments:
Post a Comment