Background

Friday, February 3, 2012

Revelations

Shane is in the middle of reenlisting for his final 3 years before he is able to retire in 2015.  He went for his medical sign off for reenlistment and guess what he was told?!   He is being put up for review to be medically retired due to his acquired allergies and asthma a few years ago plus all of his physical issues such as knees, neck, etc.  What does this mean?!  This mean that if it goes up for review and they decide that he should be medically retired he may be getting out a lot sooner than he thought.  This also means that he would not be getting his full 20 year retirement pay, only partial.  But he would get some kind of disability pay.  This whole thing could be very bad or very good...it all depends on the percentage they find him as disabled and the money.  I hate the unknown.  I guess we will just be waiting to see.  Although in true military fashion, they draw everything out so by the time everything is reviewed, paperwork done, etc it may already be time for him to retire.  We shall see.  He is still fine for reenlisting though.

So, that was our big news.

I have also decided that scrapbooking, in the traditional sense, with paper is just not for me anymore.  While it still intrigues me, I have realized that I have absolutely no time, no space and no drive to do scrapbooking.  I am going through the majority of my stuff and selling it all.  I will keep some things for craft projects, but albums and scrapbooking is out.  I just realized that I much prefer digital scrapbooking and there are so many neat photo book companies out there.  It takes far less time to complete a photo book online than a paper one.  Let the purge begin!

Finally, I have a Pinterest account after they decided to cause me much drama.  Last summer I had a Pinterest account with my regular hotmail email.  There wasn't much activity on there and I didn't get into it so didn't log back in for a long time.  Then it started becoming popular, so I  thought I should check it out again, only to find my email was "not registered".  I sent a request for invite...waited 3 weeks, nothing...sent in another, waited another 3-4 weeks, and still nothing.  I have no idea what happened...if they banned my email from non-usage or what?!  So, I entered my rarely used Gmail email and got an invite right away.  Weird, I tell ya!

I will be studying all weekend for a proctored test I must take at 0800 Monday morning, blech!  The class:  Disorders of Articulation & Phonology (Yea, say that 5x fast!)  Then a test the following week in Acoustics and Anatomy of the Ear (Don't you love these long class names?!).  It never ends and am already counting the weeks until August 10th!!!

Kade is perfectly oblivious to all the adult drama.  He makes us smile!!!

Little bathing Mister...He received the scratch on his forehead earlier in the day when he was playing outside, climbing small mounds of dirt (remember the pics from the previous post?!) and he fell and biffed it.  He also got a mouthful of sand that he just made the most funny spluttering noises trying to spit out.

Bubbles...In awe of bubbles and making them disappear.

Intently playing with his toys

He SPLASHES a lot in his bath.  You will find his splashing intensely increases whenever Daddy walks into the bathroom.  Must be a guy thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Are you in love or what! I bet it was like Xmas getting that dream camera. Awesome. Oh the MC... they are doing anything to kick people out huh. I hope things work in his favor and he gets just as much medically as he would for retirement. I will pray for the good news! Wouldn't that be awesome! Good luck on your test.