So in our world, this is what has been going on:
-Shane was in Missouri for two weeks and just got back LATE Friday night.
-We found a new home for our pugs. I agonized over this decision. But in the end we felt it wasn't fair to Buddha & Dobby as they were not getting enough attention here. Luckily, a friend who already has a pug (and a golden retriever) wanted them both. She has a huge yard, 3 teenagers, and they are getting lots of attention and being spoiled. I am happy they are happy, but miss having them around, as does Kade.
-I started school last Monday. I am taking 4 online courses through Utah State University for Communicative Disorders. There will be loads of work. I am finding that at night, after Kade is in bed, is the easiest time to get my reading and assignments done.
KADE news:
- 8 months, 2 weeks old
- 20 lbs 2 oz ; 28 inches
- Stands for long periods independently. TOOK 2 STEPS ALL BY HIMSELF on Saturday. He is trying but still not quite at full walking stage yet. Walks easily when holding onto something.
- Sleeps at night 7:30 PM - 6:30 AM like clockwork without a middle of the night feeding, yay!
- Is not a fan of napping during the day. He cries then sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours
- Throws the ball for Cyrus and makes funny faces when Cyrus kisses him.
- Loves the Baby Mum Mum crackers and the Gerber snacks...He loves the chewing motion.
- Still only 2 bottom teeth, but top gum is swollen so will have more before long.
- Drinks water out of a sippy cup for a bit, then loves to bang his sippy cup on the floor.
- Loves playing in water, including the dog's water & bath time
- LOVES DOGS
- Hates loud noises, and is not afraid to yell at whoever it is making the loud noise.
- Babbles a lot, but no distinctive words are being said yet. Has said Momma a few times, but is random
- Favorite toy is his giraffe teether.
- Loves to open up all the drawers and pull things out.
- Plays with the closet door mirrors, sliding them back and forth, blowing on it with his mouth.
- Has snuck outside twice onto the hot patio, following Cyrus out the door...just watching him.
- Flirts with the girls everywhere he goes...stares at them, then jabbers. Just today he was jabbering at the young blonde bagger girl. She was jabbering right back at him.
-LOVES to go shopping and sits contentedly in the cart people watching.
I am sure there is more, but that's a good list for now.
It is amazing all the things he is doing now. Hard to believe that just a few short months ago, he was so small and couldn't do any of this!
Also, for all our family that isn't on Facebook...check down below (the entry just before this one) as I am posting pictures I have recently put up on Facebook. They are better quality on here than on Facebook anyway.
And here's a couple new ones from the past week, when I get more time, I'll put up more:
![]() |
| Kade loves to eat his food straight out of the bowl, resulting in huge messes like you see here. Spoons are for the faint of heart. He also loves his Mum Mum crackers. |
![]() |
| After just waking up and still in his pajamas, in his room playing. |
![]() |
| Kade's walker/wagon...but he just really loves to stand in it, for no apparent reason other than the need to be different and explore. |




No comments:
Post a Comment