Background

Monday, April 18, 2011

First Taste of Cereal

Kade watches every little thing we put in our mouth...then reaches for it.  I am amazed at his accuracy of his hands and his strength.  He takes my water bottle, the handle of my water mug, and even a chunk of bread from my sandwich.  I have to pry it from his fingers.  With such interest we decided to try baby cereal, which his pediatrician said was fine.

We tried rice cereal first.  We made it real soupy with breastmilk, but he hated it.  So we thought maybe it's the spoon.  We tried about 3 different style baby spoons and an eye dropper...but he just didn't seem to like the taste.  He would make a face, cry, and spit it out.



So then we went to throw it out, but he grabbed the bowl and wouldn't let go, bringing it to his mouth.  So Shane tipped it up so he would get some of it in his mouth.  He still didn't really care for it, but wouldn't let go of the bowl....but it was funny to watch.

I want more Dad, even if I don't like it!!!



A couple days later we tried Gerber's Oatmeal cereal, also really thin and soupy with breast milk. He liked that better, but only ate about 1/2 tablespoon worth of it then was done.  We'll try it again soon...but he might not quite be as ready for cereal like we thought. 

Anticipating the first mouthful

Eating oatmeal cereal
That's our boy!

No comments: