Background

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bag Head - Day 11


Today it rained ALL afternoon.  Not the quick downpour as it did yesterday, but a light, steady stream of droplets coming down.  I am intrigued by people watching everywhere I go.  One thing I find extremely interesting is how  people fashion rain hoods from everyday plastic grocery bags.  The women know how to wrap them tight around their head and actually make them look fashionable.  Some men get in on the action too, like this gentleman with the long dreadlocks...the subject of my photo today...


I was playing with effects on photoshop today and absolutely LOVE the way this one turned out.  My favorite for the day.  And yes,notice the grocery bag on his head.


The picture is a bit blurred as I took it while stopped at a traffic light.  But I love the contrast of the barbed wire fence in the background to the everyday life of walking home from the store. 


   This is the original shot I took without any editing.  Can you tell the difference?  Some cropping and color variations as this one is too light.  But I still find the first pic, the "artsy" effect, the most eye appealing. 

No comments: